Across Systems GmbH
As a dedicated software manufacturer, Across Systems concentrates on smart computer-aided translation and translation management solutions. Apart from the Across Language Server for language service providers and industrial enterprises, we develop the Across Translator Edition for freelance translators. Located in the Karlsruhe technology belt, our head office in Karlsbad manages the activities of Across around the globe.
Since 2005, our product development has focused on the needs and operational practice of our customers. For this purpose, Across collaborates closely with international associations and universities as well as with three advisory boards. The Translators' Advisory Board consists of experienced freelancers who have extensive knowledge of various CAT tools.
Across Systems unites people with diverse qualifications, experiences, and opinions in a strong team. The individual strengths of every team member contribute to the overall success, regardless of the capacity in which the person serves – as a highly qualified IT expert, a programmer, an administrative employee, or an experienced translator.
Across is active in various national and international associations. The expert networks and events provide an ideal framework for exchanging experiences and imparting impulses. For us, this also means maintaining proximity to relevant industry topics and direct contact with our partners.
- Approximately 11,000 members in 90 countries
- Largest professional association of translators and interpreters in the United States
- Translators, interpreters, teachers, project managers, Web and software developers, universities
- Founded in 1999 as a special interest group of professionally trained translators and interpreters.
- ATICOM is intensively involved in quality assurance and professionalization of the profession and currently has around 200 members.
- Approximately 7,000 members, 13 attached member associations
- Focus: Translators, interpreters, translation appraisers, consultants for the development of new fields of specialization
- Regional focus: Germany
- Non-profit organization that represents and promotes the interests of the translation industry
- Language service providers, translators, language technology manufacturers
- Approximately 500 members
- Since 1987; professional association for technical communication with constantly growing number of members
- Technical editors, assistant editors, development engineers, CAD experts, illustrators, designers, terminologists, translators
- Regional focus: Switzerland
- Approximately 8,000 members, about 450 companies (growth: about 10 percent a year)
- Technical editors, technical illustrators, technical translators, product/marketing managers
- Regional focus: Germany